Website Woodinville Montessori School
Learn. Grow. Become.
Woodinville Montessori School seeks an experienced Assistant Teacher for our Summer Camp program from June 21, 2021 to August 20, 2021. The Program Assistant works with the Lead Teacher to provide an engaging, nurturing prepared Montessori environment. The responsibilities include managing lunch, recess and naptime and helping supervise a safe and engaging before and after program for students.
INTRODUCTION TO WMS
Woodinville Montessori School is fully accredited through 12th grade by NWAIS. Woodinville Montessori School is accredited by AMS for students aged 18 months to 17 years, and approved by Washington State through 12th grade.
Founded in 1983, Woodinville Montessori School is a diverse community of lifelong learners dedicated to the optimal intellectual, emotional, social, physical, ethical and spiritual development of each child using Montessori And contemporary methods. Our community exists to nurture creative, conscientious and productive individuals committed to caring for themselves, one another and he environment in an ever-changing, global society.
- Be committed to oversee the safety and well-being of students in the classroom as well as on the playground
- Plan interesting and relaxing after school activities
- Prepare and serve snack
- Carry out all preparation and clean up responsibilities
- Possess a background and experience in a Montessori school
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of current research in human development and learning in support of the Montessori educational approach
- Exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to recordkeeping and details.
- Display excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School diploma required. Bachelor degree is preferable.
- Two or more years’ classroom experience is preferable
- Classes in or certification in child development preferable.
- Infant/Child & Adult CPR (to be completed within 30 days of hire)
- First Aid (to be completed within 30 days of hire)
- HIV/Blood-borne Pathogens (to be completed within 14 days of hire)
- Food Worker Card (to be completed within 7 days of hire)
- Child Care Basics (to be completed within 90 days of hire)
- DCYF Portable Background check (to be completed prior to date of hire)
- Professional record up to date in MERIT Registry
COMPENSATION AND SCHEDULE
This is a full time, seasonal hourly non-exempt position. Salary is dependent on education, training and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, disability and life insurance;
- View the job description and additional instructions from our website
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application by mail or email.
Woodinville Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status in admission of otherwise qualified students, or in providing access to the rights, privileges, programs, or activities generally available to all students and their families, including educational policies, tuition assistance, and other school administered programs. Similarly, it does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.