Website International Montessori School
International Montessori School is a non-profit, independent school located in Durham, North Carolina approximately 10 minutes south of Duke University and fifteen minutes north of the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. IMS is a wonderful, diverse environment where teachers and families of many cultures, languages, and backgrounds come together in a supportive and engaging community. Our school provides full immersion programs in Spanish, French, and Mandarin Chinese for approximately 130 students from 3 to 12 years old. We also have a toddler program in English. Most of our students come from English-speaking homes, but their parents have chosen IMS because they value being bilingual in today’s society. About 30% of our families come from homes where at least one parent speaks the target language either natively or relatively fluently.
Our ideal candidates have a passion for guiding young people, are lifelong learners, are creative, and thrive in a collaborative, international culture. In addition, our ideal candidates have experience in a language immersion or dual language program.
• Native or near native fluency in Mandarin
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Mandarin, interacting with others with compassion, confidence, and empathy
• Strong organization, technology, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a co-teaching setting
• Montessori certification at Early Childhood level from a MACTE-accredited program and a Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent
• Three years of experience as a Montessori guide
• Existing US work authorization and no future sponsorship required
A competitive salary and health, vision, and dental benefits are available.
IMS, an equal opportunity employer, seeks to support a diverse staff to reflect the diverse community of parents and students. Our current student body is 7% African-American or Black, 13% Asian, 46% Caucasian, 1% American Indian and 24% Multi-ethnic/Multi-racial.
All interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and a current resume/CV to Angela Bailey, Head of School at email@example.com. In your cover letter, be sure to address why you enjoy working with children this age, why you are interested in working at IMS, and your perspective on the benefits of a Montessori and language immersion education to young students. Newly hired staff will begin the school year August 2, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.