Head of School at Bezos Academy
Seattle-Tacoma metro area, WA
As Head of School, you will lead a Bezos Academy in the greater Seattle-Tacoma metro area with 20-80 children ages three through six as part of a network of high quality, tuition-free, Montessori-inspired preschools in underserved communities.
You will participate closely in the launch and opening of your school, assisting with materials selection and hiring teaching/support staff. As your school opens in 2021, you will support student recruitment efforts, build a strong parent community, coach and develop teaching staff, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard. You will bring significant teaching and school leadership experience, knowledge of child development, management experience, exceptional communication skills, and experience working with families and leaders from diverse community areas. Above all, you demonstrate passion for our mission to expand access to high quality preschool in underserved communities.
- 5 or more years of teaching or leading in an accredited childcare center or school with young children (ages 0 through 3rd grade)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Washington ECE State Certificate or equivalent
- Strong personal commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
- Experience as head of school/center director for a preschool or administrative leadership experience in a K-3 setting
- Primary diploma from an AMI, AMS, or MACTE-accredited institute
- Experience implementing Montessori philosophy and curriculum
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and program evaluation
- Background knowledge of the fiscal and operating needs of a school
- Proven results coaching and developing teachers
- Experience working with children and families in low-income areas
Bezos Academy participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employee Form I-9 Information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. Bezos Academy only uses E-Verify once a candidate has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. If E-Verify cannot confirm that an employee is authorized to work, Bezos Academy will give the employee written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so the employee can begin to resolve the issue before any adverse employment action is taken. For more information about your right to work, please see the Notice of Right to Work.
To apply for this job please visit www.bezosdayonefund.org.